Technical Support Engineer
- Expertise in Linux and ability to understand/walkthrough Shell scripts
- Experience in L1 Production Support with hands-on experience in MySQL Database Management System, Linux system administration
- Functional Technical Knowledge on system troubleshooting, Active Directory Management
- Support in following areas but not limited to Systems monitoring, maintenance, incident response and scaling
- Install and configure software in all environments (DEV, UAT, Staging, Production and DR).
- Apply and support product defect fixes and updates, from testing thru implementation.
- Performance platform tuning and module configurations.
- Provide 24x7 production support and troubleshoot issues related to assigned applications.
- Maintain platforms up-to-date with Security, OS, DB, and 3rd party patches.
- Monitor and maintain system health, performance, and batch processing (e.g., EOD processing, file transfer and loading.
- Develop, maintain and support Disaster Recovery plans and annual exercise.
- Adherence to Audit, Compliance and Risk guidelines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with Computer Science or IT as major
- 2-3 years hands-on experience in IT with UNIX, Linux, Shell Scripting, MySQL in a client-facing Support role
- 1-2 years of SSO experience would be an add-on
- Good knowledge of LDAP servers with experience in directory replication
- Hands-on experience in using tools like Maven, SVN, Eclipse
- Thorough understanding of application systems, business systems and associated functions: Software, Hardware, Networking, Files/Databases, Programming Languages, Installation procedures.
- Documenting business requirements, implementation steps
- Excellent Analytical and troubleshooting steps
- Experience in working on highly available architectures and cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with Computer Science or IT