- Expertise in Linux and ability to understand/walkthrough Shell scripts
- Experience in L1 Production Support with hands-on experience in MySQL Database Management System, Linux system administration
- Functional Technical Knowledge on system troubleshooting, Active Directory Management
- Support in following areas but not limited to Systems monitoring, maintenance, incident response and scaling
- Install and configure software in all environments (DEV, UAT, Staging, Production and DR).
- Apply and support product defect fixes and updates, from testing thru implementation.
- Performance platform tuning and module configurations.
- Provide 24x7 production support and troubleshoot issues related to assigned applications.
- Maintain platforms up-to-date with Security, OS, DB, and 3rd party patches.
- Monitor and maintain system health, performance, and batch processing (e.g., EOD processing, file transfer and loading.
- Develop, maintain and support Disaster Recovery plans and annual exercise.
- Adherence to Audit, Compliance and Risk guidelines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with Computer Science or IT as major
- 2-3 years hands-on experience in IT with UNIX, Linux, Shell Scripting, MySQL in a client-facing Support role
- 1-2 years of SSO experience would be an add-on
- Good knowledge of LDAP servers with experience in directory replication
- Hands-on experience in using tools like Maven, SVN, Eclipse
- Thorough understanding of application systems, business systems and associated functions: Software, Hardware, Networking, Files/Databases, Programming Languages, Installation procedures.
- Documenting business requirements, implementation steps
- Excellent Analytical and troubleshooting steps
- Experience in working on highly available architectures and cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with Computer Science or IT
What our customers say about us
We have greatly improved the user experience for everyone trying to find and utilize the many application services available at Illinois College. We have also saved a significant amount of budget and time with password reset, allowing our users to reset their own passwords 24/7, rather than having to wait for the service desk to be open. Accounts are better secured now that they are tied to SSO and forced to comply with our AD password policy, and with MFA we look to provide even better security.
Chief Information Officer, Illinois College
We improved user experience for everyone at Roanoke-Chowan Community College who was finding it difficult to login to multiple applications from different screens using multiple credentials. QuickLaunch Single Sign-On provided one-click secure access to all applications from a single screen, thereby improving user experience. Moreover, users can now reset their passwords on their own without raising the password reset request to help desk. All our user accounts are secured with strong MFA policies offered by QuickLaunch.
Michael J. Wilson
System Administrator, Roanoke-Chowan Community College
We’d tried and abandoned multi previous approaches to single sign-on before adopting QuickLaunch. We needed a cloud-based solution that offered password reset, CAS, SAML, MFA, and the ability to ease the stress on the IT staff. QuickLaunch offered this and much more.
Chief Technology Officer, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
The professionalism and technical knowledge demonstrated by the QuickLaunch Team is unmatched. Had it not been for the team's dedication to their identity platform, I am certain that there is no way that our time-sensitive implementation would have been possible
Executive Director of Information Systems, Pierpont Community and Technical College